Bates Asset Management service is offered to both international and UK based private clients. We work in conjunction with other wealth advisors to provide you with the most appropriate legal assistance, helping to grow, preserve and transfer wealth throughout the generations.
Our strengths are legal advice and we will arrange a team of experienced and qualified independent financial advisers that suits your needs. Our aim is to provide you with the peace of mind that your investments are properly protected against regulation changes, whilst able to take advantage of the best investment opportunities available.
Bates Solicitors is not authorised to give personal financial advice but we will make sure you get the best guidance available.
We ensure that your wealth is structured so as to meet the family’s requirements and objectives, whether the key objectives are asset protection, privacy, smooth succession or minimising taxes. In particular, our experts will advise on the effective use of funds, other collective investment vehicles, life insurance structures, traditional partnerships and trusts and companies in connection with the overall management of the family’s wealth.
More and more people have interests abroad. You may have foreign property or investments, employment or marital ties overseas, or be involved with an international company. Perhaps you’re a UK resident planning to move overseas or a non-UK resident looking to relocate your family or your business to the UK for tax reasons.
We can help with:
- Tax planning to minimise your inheritance, income and corporation tax payments and advise on the tax consequences of relocating your family or business to another country.
- Investment advice – concerning foreign interests.
- Property – buying, selling or leasing foreign assets.
- Employment – relocation and secondments.
- Offshore trusts and companies – creation and advice on how they can be used to protect your assets from UK and foreign taxation laws.
- Succession law – in your favoured jurisdiction.
- Wills – new wills to reflect your changed circumstances