When a loved one dies it can be an upsetting and distressing time. Consequently dealing with the paperwork and technicalities involved in administering their estate may be the last thing you want to do.
We offer you sympathetic, hands on support which we believe you will find invaluable at this most difficult time. There are many ways we can help, including:
- Assisting with registration of the death
- Applying for Probate
- Preparing documents for the Probate Registry and HM Revenue and Customs.
- Completing the administration of the estate
- Advising on the meaning of the terms of the Will
- Explaining intestacy rules if there is no Will
- Explaining the tax issues connected to the estate
- Helping with the sale of any property
- Dealing with disputed Wills and claims against estates
Sometimes a deceased person does not provide appropriately for persons who should receive ongoing maintenance or support from his estate. We are experienced in advising on the complex rules which regulate these claims and in bringing and defending (as necessary) claims against estates of deceased persons.
You may find our Guide to Probate useful. Guide to Probate .pdf download
For more help and advice call into one of our offices or contact one of our Private Client Lawyers