We take responsibility for our actions.
Individually and as a legal team, and make a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our clients and staff, and our local communities we work in.
To deliver this vision we have adopted an approach, combining all areas of our practice, divided into three pillars: community, workplace and environment.
Supporting charities & activities in our local areas.
- We believe in supporting causes that are local to the firm, as these directly affect our clients, staff and the local area. We currently support 15 charities through: funding, legal advice, event support, Director’s of Boards, strategy leadership, business management, PR to campaigns, and marketing.
- We support a diverse range of causes including the Age Concern Hampshire, The Matthew Elvidge Trust, Hartley Wintney Fun Run, Hartley Wintney Pram Race and Odiham Cottage Hospital.
- View our full list of sponsorships.
- Learn more – about the recent activities of our sponsorships.
Encourage our staff, clients, & suppliers to be committed to Corporate Responsibility.
- Bates support Will Aid: 2010 Bates raised £5,809, which will support 9 of the UK’s leading charities.
- We are committed in conducting business in a fair way, treating everyone with honesty, integrity and respect.
- We strive to provide a working environment that motivates, engages, supports and develops our staff.
- We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or sexual, physical, mental or other harassment of any kind toward our employees, whether from our own staff or others.
- Where possible our offices are at street level to allow all clients access to our services, for those unable to visit us out of hours and home appointments can be arranged.
Reduce waste and impact on the environment.
- We seek to use minimal amounts of energy and water in all our offices.
- We encourage clients & staff to use electronic communication where possible instead of the use of paper and other stationary.
- We encourage staff & clients to use public transport when possible.
- We print all appropriate documents double sided – as a standard.
- We have implemented a large file software facility, to send large documents internally and to clients to reduce the need to print where email is not possible.